Saturday 10 November 2012

Singapore Press: Fouled Mouthed Barclays Trader, why so slow?

I first came across this article on the Stomp were 25 Oct 2012. Someone posted the video on this portal. I had no idea who is this fouled mouthed  executive. Then it finally came to light after another article appeared on the  Business Insiders on the 6 Nov. The article mention that The Times discovered the Trader's identity even earlier.

The Straits Times finally published the story on 10 Nov. In the article, it says their journalist went down to the trader's house on 9 Nov. This is 16 days after the video first appeared on their own portal Stomp.

I am puzzled why is our press so slow and missed the story? Why do they only follow the story or try to interview him on the 10 Nov? I have to read it on an American online papers to find out the truth while all this happened in our own backyard. I am a subscriber with Straits Times and i find this is so disappointing. 

I am having my doubts if our national press will survive for long if they do not improve its standards. With the rise of the internet, more objective informations are coming from many sources. Readers are not stupid and can discern the truth. If we can get it for free too, why should we pay for old or 2nd hand news?



No comments:

Post a Comment